There are several reasons why people lose their teeth. Whatever your cause, teeth loss leads to issues with everyday activities such as speaking and eating. Not only do the issues, but they also significantly impact one’s confidence and how they feel...
There are several reasons why people lose their teeth. Whatever your cause, teeth loss leads to issues with everyday activities such as speaking and eating. Not only do the issues, but they also significantly impact one’s confidence and how they feel about themselves.
People have used traditional dentures for many years to solve their missing teeth. However, dentures are hard to get used to, and many people find them embarrassing.
Fortunately, all on four implants also referred to as same-day teeth implants, help provide a more natural alternative to dentures.
What are All On Four Implants?
These are permanent sets of teeth that feel and look like natural teeth. All on 4 implants make it possible for one to have their teeth replaced. The teeth are replaced with a reliable and effective treatment, avoiding long-term procedures and dentures.
The all-on-4 dental procedure is suitable for patients who:
- Have wobbly, failing, or loose teeth and don’t want to have traditional dentures
- Want to prevent bone loss with a permanent solution
- Want a permanent solution to tooth loss
- Are limited to eating soft foods or have problems with speaking because of dentures
- Have a dental bridge that’s failing, but they don’t want dentures
- Have several missing teeth on the lower and upper arch
How Do All On 4 Implants Work?
Once you’re fully aware that you want all on four implants near you, this’s what you need to expect from the procedure:
- Your surgeon at AB Dental & Oral Surgery measures and marks the correct natural distance between the bottom and top of your jaws. This helps ensure that the space is preserved at the end of the procedure l. Our dentist in 78250 does this to keep your facial structure and jaw in a fixed position after the procedure as it was before.
- After you are sedated, the surgery begins. Your existing teeth and any remnants of previously lost teeth are extracted. Also, the damaged or excess gum tissue is removed. Your dentist makes an incision along the length of the ridge on both the bottom and top jaws. This helps expose your jawbone for ridge reduction.
- By removing your bone’s predetermined measurements from the bottom and top arches, the dentist will reduce the ridge. The remaining bone is smoothed and will be prepared for the insertion of the implants.
- Your dentist begins the dental implants’ placement by making each insertion point on your bone’s surface. They’ll drill the pilot holes for the dental implants. The holes are drilled at precise angles to have the greatest possible stability and strength.
- Once the implants are inserted, and the dentist tightens them to the optimum torque requirements, they will replace the gum tissue around the implants and close all incisions.
- Your dentist then attaches the abutment that serves as the mounting posts for the replacement tooth prosthesis to the ends of the implants. A temporary prosthesis is prepared and secured in place using mechanical fasteners.
- The healing time begins once the holes in the temporary prosthesis are filled and sealed.
- Once the healing time is over, you’ll return to your dentist for a new set of impressions that will be used to make the final dental prosthesis. To do this, your dentist removes the temporary prosthesis and takes molds of the implants and gums. This helps make the fit of the new dental prosthesis customized to match the contours of the healed implants and gums.
- After your dentist attaches the final prosthesis, the procedure will be complete.
Benefits of All On 4 Implants
All on 4 dental implants offers several benefits, including:
- A fast and safe procedure
- They’re suitable for a diverse range of issues
- Provides high-quality and comfortable results
- It helps boost your confidence and quality of life
- It prevents bone deterioration and restores facial features
- You don’t need to avoid certain foods
Visit Your Nearby Dentist
All-on-4 implants make a big difference in your life if you’ve been dealing with the challenges of missing teeth. Your smile will look brand new, your self-confidence will be rejuvenated, and you can regain the full mouth function you had lost. If you’re the right candidate for all on 4 dental implants in San Antonio, TX, call us at AB Dental & Oral Surgery to help restore your smile with this procedure. Contact us today!